Dr. Clyde Lettsome, Phd, PE, MEM has recently coauthored a paper to be published by the International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology (IJPRT). The paper titled, “An Automated Filter Bank-Based Pavement Distress Detection System Incorporating Standard Compression Coders” discusses how standard compression coders can be used to help Transportation Departments detect cracks and pavement distress while reducing the amount of physical space needed to store data and improve road analysis efficiency.
“I am elated that the paper has been accepted by the IJPRT,” says Dr. Lettsome. “I hope to continue publishing research that can be use to improve efficiency and reduce cost.”
Dr. Lettsome has over 16 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
• 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
• Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers published author
• President of Calabrix Corporation when they were named one of the winners in the 2009 Office Depot “Survival of the Smartest” contests
• Outstanding Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top five graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
• EzineArticle.com expert author
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at http://www.clydelettsome.com read his consumer blogs at http://www.findhiddendiscounts.com.