Dr. Clyde A. Lettsome has received a commendation for his time and service to the American Council on Education (ACE) and the Military Evaluations Program in a recent course and training evaluation review. From August 13-16, Dr. Lettsome and other post-secondary educators put forth a collaborative effort with individuals from ACE and the U.S. Army to review professional military education and training material at Fort Sill, Oklahoma and determine if the material reviewed was on par with the education received from standard post-secondary institutions. Dr. Lettsome helped evaluate 20 U.S. Army courses to determine if the course and training material had enough content, scope, and rigor to align with electrical engineering and engineering technology, computer engineering and engineering technology, computer science, and physics courses and certification programs being taught at accredited colleges, universities and technical schools. The investment put forth by the reviewers and by the Department of Defense (DOD) are the foundation for recognizing college credits for military training and experience.
“It is a pleasure working with ACE, other post-secondary educators, and the DOD on behalf of our men and women in the U.S. armed forces”, said Dr. Lettsome. “Helping accredited universities and colleges align military courses, training and experience to post-secondary academic courses means many of these brave men and women will not have to take certain courses in their future if they decide to pursue a college degree.”
Dr. Lettsome has over 20 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
- 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) published author
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Florida (FL 58671), Georgia (Georgia PE037411), and South Carolina (SC 34546).
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top ten graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at http://www.clydelettsome.com