Dr. Clyde A. Lettsome has recently had an article published in the International Journal of Pavement Research and Technology. The article titled “An Automated Filter Bank-Based Pavement Crack Detection System Incorporating Standard Compression Coders”, details how a filter bank-based pavement crack detection system can also incorporate standard compression coders like JPEG2000 and the Said Perlman SPIHT coder. This method will allow more surface information to be compressed by state and federal department of transportation without significantly compromising the quality of the data used for crack detection.
“Before this research there were no known filter bank-based pavement crack detection system that incorporated standard compression coders,“ says Dr. Lettsome. “The proposed method will use the power of standard compression coders to save disk space and increase detection.”
Dr. Lettsome has over 16 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
• 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
• Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) published author
• President of Calabrix Corporation when they were named one of the winners in the 2009 Office Depot “Survival of the Smartest” contests
• Outstanding Graduate Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top five graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
• EzineArticle.com expert author
• American Express Open Forum contributor
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at https://www.clydelettsome.com read his consumer blogs at https://www.findhiddendiscounts.com.