We are pleased to announce that Dr. Clyde A. Lettsome has been selected to be part of the 2015 NCEES Software Engineering Cut-Score Committee. The committee will evaluate the results of last year’s National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) meeting. This is the third year in a row that he has been asked to serve on this committee. The committee is a collection of some of the foremost software engineers brought together to develop the certification and licensing process for software engineers.
“This is the third year I have been selected to be a part of the software evaluation committee also known as the cut-score committee,” said Dr. Lettsome. “As an educator and engineer, being part of this prestigious group allows me to use my experience to help evaluate the minimum competency of tomorrow’s licensed professional software engineers.”
The NCEES holds the cut-score meeting annually to continue to develop the licensing process for software engineering professionals.
Dr. Lettsome has over 16 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
- 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) published author
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Florida (FL 58671) and Georgia (Georgia PE037411)
- President of Calabrix Corporation when they were named one of the winners in the 2009 Office Depot “Survival of the Smartest” contests
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top ten graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
- com expert author
- American Express Open Forum contributor
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at https://www.clydelettsome.com.