We are pleased to announce that Dr. Clyde A. Lettsome has been selected to be part of the 2019 NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering Exam Writing Committee. The Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is designed for recent graduates and students who are close to finishing an undergraduate engineering degree from an accredited program and is the first step in becoming a licensed engineer. The National Council of Examiners for Engineers (NCEES) provides the specifications and guidelines for the FE exam taker, as well as the institutions that use the FE exam as a part of their accreditation assessment plan. Dr. Lettsome, along with other respected professional engineers from a number of different engineering disciplines will write questions that will be used on future National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) exams.
Dr. Lettsome has over 20 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
- 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) published author
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Florida (FL 58671) and Georgia (Georgia PE037411)
- President of Calabrix Corporation when they were named one of the winners in the 2009 Office Depot “Survival of the Smartest” contests
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top ten graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
- com expert author
- American Express Open Forum contributor
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at http://www.clydelettsome.com.