We are pleased to announce that Dr. Clyde A. Lettsome has been selected to take part in the development and the pass-score determination for the Principles and Practice of Engineering software exam (PE software exam). The National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES) will begin offering a PE exam to license Software Engineers beginning in April of 2013. Many well-respected Software Engineering professionals from around the United States have been selected to create the exam, determine the scoring, and develop a study guide. Dr. Lettsome will be lending his time and experience to creating another generation of successful engineers.
“Being selected to be a part of the exam development and scoring group is an honor,” said Dr. Lettsome. “As an educator and engineer, being part of this prestigious group allows me to use my experience to help develop test questions and determine the minimum competency of tomorrow’s licensed professional software engineers.”
Dr. Lettsome has over 16 years of technical and professional experience. Using his technical, business, and education experience, Dr. Lettsome finds ways to cut cost while improving productivity for consumers and his business customers. Some of his other notable accomplishments include:
- 3 time National Science Foundation Fellow
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE) and Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers (SPIE) published author
- Senior Member of the Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the states of Florida (FL 58671) and Georgia (Georgia PE037411)
- President of Calabrix Corporation when they were named one of the winners in the 2009 Office Depot “Survival of the Smartest” contests
- Outstanding Graduate Instructor at the Georgia Institute of Technology (top five graduate engineering and technology university according to US News and World Report Graduate School edition)
- EzineArticle.com expert author
- American Express Open Forum contributor
If you would like to connect with or read more of Dr. Lettsome’s writings, you may find more articles from him and read more about him at https://www.clydelettsome.com.